Sunday 6.23.13

http://journal.crossfit.com/
I just went to download an article from the CrossFit Journal, a subscription I have bought for myself every year for $25.  When I logged in I discovered my subscription had expired and I needed to renew.  When I went to renew, I discovered that CrossFit is currently giving out their year long subscriptions to the journal for FREE!

What is the CrossFit Journal?  From their own website they describe it as such (and I agree with the description):

"The CrossFit Journal is a fitness, health and lifestyle publication dedicated to the improvement of athletic performance and quality of life. The searchable Journal archives run from April 2002 to the present and contain over 3,100 high-quality PDF articles, videos and audio files covering diverse topics including exercise technique, nutrition, injuries and rehab, equipment, coaching, and much more.

"The CrossFit Journal provides a forum for elite coaches and athletes and fitness professionals from around the world, as well as beginners, new athletes and people simply looking to improve their health and fitness. All are welcome to discuss the articles in our comments section, where members of our community offer advice and collectively advance the science of fitness and performance.

"New material is published on a daily basis, with the CrossFit Media Team traveling the world to provide exclusive coverage of special events and stories. Top trainers and coaches present their ideas, and everyone is welcome to submit articles and videos of interest to the community.

"The CrossFit Journal is the modern manual of fitness and health."



When I first discovered CrossFit, I was looking for a way to continue my weight lifting, against doctors orders, after being diagnosed with debilitating  bulging and degenerative disc in my lower back.  I decided to needed to stop listening to the "Bro's" advice from anyone in the gym who looked "Swol" and start figuring out how to lift properly.

Every time I would do a search ("proper squat form", "proper deadlift form", etc) the CrossFit Journal would pop up in the top 3 searches.  I finally stopped Googl-ing and started going straight to the CrossFit Journal every time.  I read every article on proper form on every lift and exercise and discovered all the things I had done wrong to lead to my condition.

There are articles in the Journal from coaches who have been around for 30+ years with extensive knowlege.  Coaches like Bill Starr, Dave Tate, Mike Burgener, Greg Glassman, Nickolas Romonav, etc, you can find detailed information for anything from CrossFit, to Powerlifting, to Rowing and Running, etc.

It is definitely worth the price of purchase and it's free right now so get yourself a subscription now!

No comments:

Post a Comment